films increase crop
A number of advantages are achieved by covering the soil around the plant that is cultivated with Gerovit mulch foil.
- Mulch foils prevent evaporation and secure optimum moisture of the soil which leads to a more effective use of available water. Drip irrigation combined with plastic mulch decreased water consumption of row crops six times.
- Mulch film is almost impermeable to gases. The CO2 released from the soil due to the decomposition of organic substances is channeled to perforations on the film made for planting and becomes concentrated around each plant. This small increase of CO2 level around the stomata of foliage promotes growth by enhancing photosynthesis.
- Higher humidity increases the amount of dissolved nutrients dispersed in the root zone. It retain heat in soil during the night and secure favourable micro climate conditions in the root zone which results in increased early and total yields of crops.
- It prevents weed growth and protects the plant from contact with soil that protects against dirt and moisture. This drastically reduces rotting process, and the dry environment is preventive related to diseases and pests, especially with crops that lie on the ground.
Using the Gerovit mulch foils, we have an impact on:
Mulch foils prevent evaporation and secure optimum moisture of the soil which leads to a more effective use of available water. Drip irrigation combined with plastic mulch decreased water consumption of row crops six times.
Made from premium LDPE & LLDPE from DOW Chemical, provide you better mechanical properties on really thin film extrusion, just from 15 microns. Based on special recipe with DOWLEX® blends adds special mechanical properties.
Premium black masterbatch from Cabot® makes the film opaque and high sun protection.
We are supplied with well known German machine producer Reifenhäuser 3-layer blown film line with integrated GUNTER inline devices for perforating up to 10 holes per line.
Black mulch foils disable photosynthesis of weeds. You will reduce weeds without using herbicides with our mulch foils. It is used when higher temperatures are desired in the root zone.
Plan in advance the density and arrangement of planting your plants and order one of our perforated foils. This will relieve you of the painstaking work of drilling holes on the mulch foil and save you some time. You can choose from 1 up to 5 rows of holes (up to 10 rows on folded foils) that can be arranged in line or zigzag for increased planting density.
Mulch foil - Specification
Material & Lifetime
from 15 up to 60 microns
black mulch from 15 microns
silver/black mulch from 15 microns
white/black mulch from 22 microns
transparent mulch from 15 microns
Standard film width sizes
* It is possible to do any size from 800mm up to 3600mm
**All widths of foil larger than 1800mm are delivered folded.
Enhanced Polyethylene Resins
■ 6 months
■ 1 season
■ 2 seasons
■ 3 seasons
■ no perforation
■ 1 line
■ 2 lines for strawberries
■ up to 8-10 lines for green salad
■ 50m box package
■ from 500m up to 3000m on roll
|MF11150810||black/black||15 mic||0,8m||100m (bag)||1,2kg|
|MF11151010||black/black||15 mic||1,0m||100m (bag)||1,5kg|
|MF11151210||black/black||15 mic||1,2m||100m (bag)||1,75kg|
|MF11150810||silver/black||15 mic||0,8m||100m (bag)||1,2kg|
|MF11151010||silver/black||15 mic||1,0m||100m (bag)||1,5kg|
|MF11151210||silver/black||15 mic||1,2m||100m (bag)||1,75kg|